John has an extensive track record as both a Development Engineer and a Marketing Professional at board level in small and large organisations. He has helped secure significant rounds of venture funding and has been instrumental in developing the relationships necessary to secure significant company trade sales. Extensive industrial experience is supplemented by a rare combination of Physics PhD from the prestigious Southampton University and an MBA from Exeter University (which specialises in a non-prescriptive approach to management). He maintains a strong interest in developing new technology products and maximising the economic benefit of applying new technology, especially for the optoelectronics industry.
- Director of Business Development - Mesophotonics.
- Identified and internalised the market requirements for optical technologies in biotechnology, telecommunications, displays, homeland security and semiconductor processing.
- Core member of management team responsible for raising £5.5million in Venture Capital in 2003.
- Director of Engineering - Sifam Fibre Optics & JDS Uniphase.
- Member of the executive management team achieving >10 times growth in < 2.5 years in optical fibre components for the telecommunications industry. Growing the company from 40 to 1000 people.
- Instrumental in developing relationships with JDS Uniphase prior to Sifam's acquisition by them for $100M in September 1999.
- Staff Development Engineer - Coherent Inc.
- Engineered Vitesse turnkey femtosecond lasers at Coherent for semiconductor manufacture and biomedical instrumentation. Taking product from fundamental research through prototyping to manufacturing.
- Resulting Vitesse product is still in manufacture and being profitably sold 10 years later.
- MBA - Exeter University.
- Reported on the motivations of academics starting University spin-out companies and the contrasts to common models of entrepreneurship.
A full profile and activity log for John Lincoln is available via LinkedIn
Rebecca has worked with many clients in creative markets, advising
and assisting with developing their businesses. A qualified marketing
professional with detailed project management skills she has extensive
experience in the eyewear, voluntary and educational sectors where she
has been described as "dynamic, enthusiastic and driven". Rebecca is
also fluent in French and German.
Rebecca has 20 years experince in the international sales and
marketing in the eyewear industry, managing markets accross Europe for
leading global brands. She is currently working with Swiss Eyewear Group where she is responsible for the business development of the new eyewear brand, INVU.
Rebecca is member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing.
Previously she worked with Polaroid Eyewear as their Country Manager UK
and Ireland and Global Travel Retail Manager and for Inspecs Ltd as
there Head of Marketing working with licensed brands including
Superdry, CAT, Austin Reed, O’Neill and Radley.